Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which data accessed most

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do you know how to check which data accessed on the cube most like if I've cube which is having 4 yrs worth of data then how I know which year is accessed most or which time slice is accessed most by users?

So that it will help me to take decision for archiving strategy to categorize Hot, warm and cold data.

I know we can check through statistics which cube is accessed but not sure how to check for that cube what are the time slices accessed most.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abhishek_shanbhogue2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubane

I dont see there is any way to check which data has been accessed most and you will need to consult business and get their inputs before you suggest them.

Some tricky ways of of looking at this would be

- To see how many reports have restrictions for fiscal year period and how many of then by default point to latest fiscal period/year. This will give you a fair idea on how the reports are accessed.

- Which functional aread is being referred here (Finance, HR, Contrlling) If your looking at archiving the Time Sheet data then I dont think people would go back to previos fiscal year and analyze

Thanks

Abhishek Shanbhogue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when creating aggregates, it will propose automatically. check and revert please.

Regards,

Jerry

former_member196080
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

I want to do identify the time slices on which I can do archiving like most rarely used data on multple year cube.

Not sure how aggregates help here.

Thanks