Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can source and target tables be the same

former_member251899
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I need to restate profit center column in the delivery fact table. Historical Profit Centers need to be populated since today is the first time we brought in Profit Center field from LIPS table. The source for the delivery fact table is SAP LIPS table. so what I did is:

joined the LIPS and delivery fact table on (LIPS.delivery number = deliveryfacttable.delivery number & LIPS.delivery line item number = deliveryfacttable.delivery line item number) to get the profit center.

So the source and the target delivery fact table are the same. Is this a good practice becuase Data services warns me that the source and target tables are the same.

Please let me know a better alternative approach to this OR a better approach to restate fields for historical data. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

samqiue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you use a lookup with source being the LIPS table.

Arun

former_member251899
Participant
0 Kudos

Arun,

actually the LIPS resides on another server and in order to fetch data I have to write an R3 ABAP data flow, so I cant use it directly in a lookup.

Except what Im thinking based on your reply to use a lookup table is: that I will extract 3 colums (delivery number, delivery line item number and profit center) to a table and then use the lookup.

Thanks.

Regards,

samique

Answers (0)