cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Export to RTF, Subreports are blurry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just installed Crystal Reports 2013 - I have Version 11 (on another PC)

I need to export my crystal report to an RTF file, however when I do this, my subreports are very blurry. If I export it as a PDF, it's crystal clear. Can you please advise?

Thanking You,

Marguerite

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marguerite,

Did you try to isolate printer drivers from the report itself?

If no, open the report in CR 2013.

Go to File >> Page Setup >> and check "No Printer" option.

Save the changes and then try to export it again.

Please let me know the outcome.

-Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I tried that and it didn't make any difference.

I have attached a jpeg copy of my hardcopy document. As you can see that wording on the top looks fine i.e. Bachelor of Arts in Applied Languages, however the charts and wording are blurry. See attached jpeg.

Thanks,

Marguerite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marguerite,

This is a known behaviour of the product. If your report contains charts, it gets converted into images while exporting to RTF format. While converting into image, its resolution gets downgraded.

I am not sure if the SAP has addressed this issue in the latest patch, however I have a workaround for you.

Export the report into PDF and then use PDF to Word Converter if you want to retain the picture quality.

I understand this is not a solution but time being you can use it you have deadline of Wednesday.

Hope this helps!!!

Good Luck

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marguerite,

Is it behaving same when you tries on another machine where the same version of Crystal Reports 2013 is installed?

-Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I only have the licence for 1 machine, but I would assume it would be the same in all machines here.

When I print it in PDF it’s perfect, but I need it in Word as I have do to some editing on the document.

Would you have any suggestions? As I need to get this report finished by Wednesday,

Also, I should say that the image doesn't look that blurry as you see it attached, however if you look at the .doc file, it is blurry, but I cannot attach a .doc file.

I have done more checking on this, it doesn't seem to be a problem with sub reports, it seems to be a problem with images (such a pie charts, bar charts), when I print them from RFT, they are blurry, when I print them from Crystal directly/PDF, they are perfect.

I found in the web, under Options -  to set "Retain Original Image Color Depth", but this hasn't made any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as the quality of the RTF, is not sufficient.

Thanks,

Marguerite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance with this. I have converted all the reports to word, however, some of the pie charts do not come out correctly (i.e they are missing sections), so I've ended up done all the editing in Adobe.

The licence for Crystal Reports is expensive and I would have assumed that I view my graphs clearly in word, however, this is not the case.

Where is the best place to ask to get this issue fixed?

Thanks,

Marguerite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a raise an OSS message with SAP.

Please follow the instructions below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4022239b-80f0-2c10-40aa-98173299a...

-Mahesh

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marguerite

Before following up on the suggestion from Mahesh, I'd encourage you to post the issue to the Crystal Reports Design forum:

This forum is monitored by Crystal Reports design experts and they may be able to help you out.

- Ludek

SCN Moderator