cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Editor - Property Browser

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

SMP SDK 3.0 SP04 contains an updated Eclipse plugin(7.0.3.605) that was supposed to correct the Property Browser. However, it remains broken for me even after updating the plugin. I have also attempted uninstalling and reinstalling, but have not had any success.

Is there anything else that can be tried to correct this issue? It's a pretty big roadblock.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

What do you mean "Correct the property browser"?  What is wrong with it?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm seeing a blank screen for the property browser. The menu for properties of the current object works, but selecting browse to select a property on another object results in a blank popup like the one below. This occurs in every rule or transaction I have checked.

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

The problem is with your Eclipse memory management.  I had the same issue originally before making changes to the startup parameters.  I have the following settings on my desktop icon that launches Eclipse on my Windows 7 laptop.  These settings override what is in the eclipse.ini file:

eclipse.exe -vmargs -Xms1124m -Xmx1124m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Try adjusting the numeric parameters to find what works best for your machine and setup.

0 Kudos

hi Jason,

I have the same issue. Can you please mention where the parameter should be specified?

A screenshot would be helpful.

Thank you.

-prashanthi

0 Kudos

HI Jason,

I got the location to add the settings but even after that I have the same issue.

Any other tips?

-prashanthi

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jason,

I tried your settings but they did not work for me. Can you provide the version of the Eclipse plugin you are using and the specific Eclipse and Java version you're running?

jason_latko
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris,

I am using WIndows 7, Eclipse 64 bit Agentry plugin 7.0.3.257, Eclipse Juno, Java 64 bit 1.7.0-b147.

Try increasing or decreasing the parameters I mentioned to see if you can find a compromise that works for you.

chris_gray1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thank you for your assistance. I had some issue with the command line args, but increasing the memory via the eclipse.ini file did work for me. I'm surprised I received no memory errors on my earlier attempts to clue me in to this being the cause.

Answers (0)