cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2010 and .NET 3.5 Crystal Reports?

willie_mcclure
Explorer
0 Kudos

I finished loading VS 2010 and have a requirement to have a program run with Crystal Reports, but not to force loading dotNET 4.0 on the client machine. I loaded the latest Crystal Reports that VS 2010 pointed me to, and it seems it requires dotNET 4.0. Is there a version that only requires 3.5?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports that VS 2010 pointed me to,

I have no idea what that pointed you to. You should be installing SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET from here:

(Make sure you use SP 10 and the install exe.)

I know that this can be used with frm 2 to 4.5

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

willie_mcclure
Explorer
0 Kudos

It pointed me to the link you are showing. Yes I installed SP 10 using the install.exe.  My point is it installs as Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0.  As I stated, I need it to be 3.5 as my client does NOT want to load the .NET 4.0 framework.  There is no place that I can find in my project to change the target of the Crystal Report. Yes it can be used with target 3.5 but it will require the .NET 4.0 Framework... hence my question.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct. the instal path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

Don't let the "Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0" throw you. It's just a folder name. CRVS will work with frm 2.x to 4.x. All you have to do is set the frm in your project. Which you'd do for any project anyhow(?).

- Ludek

Answers (0)