cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.1 SP4 BI Launch Pad not displaying information IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We upgraded our system to 4.1 SP4, and we have some users that are unable to see anything through the launch pad using any IE, other users are able to do so. The thing is that I've tried several things with IE (I've changed settings to allow everything, secure sites, cookies, etc), upgraded Java version to the last one, but they are still unable to see anything. Another tip is that if they click anything on the page (like under Documents, click on Folders or Categories, but nothing happens).

Could you please assist me on this since I've installed this on a Client and this is not working now

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to see with other browsers like Mozilla and Chrome?

When you say "unable to see anything" means you are able to login to launch pad but not able to see the contents. Is that correct?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun, thanks for the quick answer.

They are able to use chrome and mozilla, so it's something on the IE properties or configuration that I'm passing by and I don't know what it is.

You are correct, they log into the launch pad, but they are unable to see Recent documents, also, if they go to Document tab, they are unable to perform any action (select Folders, Categories) or even if they click on "Inbox" or "My Alerts" nothing happens.

Is there any special configuration i need to check under IE properties? Or something like compatibility view?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats the flash player version installed? Also whats the IE version?

Have you checked whether they are compatible?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checking the forum a little bit more, I've found this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3153755

The issue there was with Admin users, in my case I have 2 users, 1 admin and 1 non admin, but for users that are able to use launch pad, they are unable to use it on this particular machines.

The only change we had was upgrade the server from Sp2 to Sp4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

For one user the IE version is 9, and for the other the version is 10.

On my machine I tried with IE 10 and IE 11, and worked.

I'll need to check the flash player on those machines, but I have Flash 14.0.0.145

Is there any other thing I could check if flash player is correct?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. If it works with IE10 and IE 11 most likely that could be the issue then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked flash player versions, they are all working with adobe flash 14 plugin.

Any other recommendation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You said its working with IE 10 and IE 11.

stick to it, any reason you want to use IE9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Let me explain a little more:

I have 2 users that have this issue (They are running IE 9 and IE 10).

I have another 2 users that do not have this error (They are running IE 9 and IE11).

I'm assuming this is not regarding IE version, but it has to be something with his configuration.

Thanks for the answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I got it. Whats the authentication type?

Also did you see any security settings difference between both the users?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm new in SAP, by authentication you mean SSL or something like that?

There are no differences in the security settings regarding this two users, the only thing that changed was the upgrade to Sp4.

Should I be looking server side instead client side? Something I should consider on the server like Java version, or something like that?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

By authentication i mean when you login to launchpad you will select the username and password and the required authentication like Enterprise, SAP, LD etc.

Can you try accessing the launch pad using ip address instead of server name?

Like http://<ipaddress>:8080/BOE/BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes they are using enterprise.

Also, using IP instead of DNS didn't work either.

Do you have any other recommendations?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest, raise a ticket with SAP

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error was with IE 10, we changed compatibility mode to 8 in document and window and worked.

Answers (0)