Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services Configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this area of web services.

I published a batch job "MyTestWebServices" as a web services from the Management Console. Created the WSDL and tested this web services via SoapUI tool.

Working fine as desired.

But this WSDL also contains details for all web services (eg, Get_BatchJob_ExeDetail, Get_Trace_Log, Logon, Logout, etc) which I believe are used by DS server for its internal operations.

I do not want the consumer of this WSDL to know about this extra web services.

Please help me understand how can I generate a WSDL only for my job "MyTestWebServices" where the other services are not visible.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aasavaribhave
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There are a couple options you have:

1. edit wsdl manually to remove any operations that you don't want to expose
to client.

2. in DS 4.2 there is a better option of using a custom label. When you add
a job as web service, you can add a custom wsdl label and associate the label
with one or more batch jobs\ operations. When you do view wsdl you can choose
the label to select the specific batch jobs that has been associated with that
label. By default it generates all, by selectively choosing a label, you can restrict
the operations that you can select. It exposes only logon, logoff connection
operations and your select web services corresponding to your jobs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aasavari: Thanks for your reply.

Would you please let me know where I can do this "Custom WSDL Labels". Somehow I cannot find this tab.

As per the tutorials it should be in the

Administrator login of management Console

--Web Services

Then it says should be in a tab called "Custom WSDL Labels".

Appreciate if you may direct me to where I can find this. Attached is what I see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Now I got it.

This "Custom WSDL Labels" is a feature of Data Services SP2.

I have SP1.

Thanks for letting me know.

-Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I am in the process of testing the published batch job web service from a .net client.The documentation says that the Login expects the four parameters like user, password, server etc. But, the wsdl proxy has a different signature that expects LogonRequest object. Looks like you are way ahead with all of this. I would appreciate if you could share some sample code as to run the batch job.

I could login succefully but when I try to get the repository list, it fails. Without getting the repository name, I can't execute the job.

Thanks for your help.

-Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

See if this helps.

http://scn.sap.com/community/soa/blog/2014/07/30/publishing-a-bods-batch-job-as-a-web-services-using...

Also suggest testing your WSDL with SOAP UI.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Yes, I did test with SOAPUI. It works. The issue is that what SOAPUI shows and what the proxy generated code look different. Typically, I expect that you instantiate a connection operation objects and call Logon method passing proper credentials which returns a sessionID. Later, how to pass the same as a parameter to the method call, for example to get repository list is not there in the code. I would like to see some suedocode at least of the sequence of operations to execute a batch job. I am surprised there is not a single sample of doing any programming with the data services. Thew integrator documentation doesn't even mention the method signature. Unfortunately, the data management concole can support only SOAP. I wish it has the support for RESTFull services.

Rajesh, looks like you have built some code either in Java or .net. It would be great help to the community to post the sample code. Appreciate your help.

pmelli
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Do you have recommendations for using a restful web service client to call the published bods batch job as a web services using custom wsdl-labels? I am successful with soapui to call (get or post) the DS web service but using soapui with restful services does not work for me.

Thanks,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I did not try testing with restful clients but you might see if "RESTClient" (a debugger) works for you.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Sorry I missed your request.

I believe you might have got the sample by now.

If not let me know. I will try to get some from my dev team.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for reaching out. I still don't have a working sample. I would really appreciate if you can provide some sample code to retreive the repositories, job list and running a job. My main concern has been how to link the sessionID in the subsequent calls after getting it from the LogOn method.

Thank you.

Krishna

Answers (0)