cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Profit center in Sales Order after Shipment Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have situation here, The thing is at the time of creating Sales order I don't know the profit center which has to be assigned for example, I have created a sales order for goods transport, when I create the sales order I don't know which vehicle is going to transport this order and the goods can be transported by multiple vehicles.

For my business each vehicle is a cost and profit center since I wanna know the profitability of each vehicle.

So I will come to know the vehicle ( Profit center) after creating the shipment document, now I want to have the profit center of this vehicle to be updated back in the sales order so that the Billing (revenue) is recorded in this profit center.

Please let me know how to do this. I know the PC field is greyed out after shipment and PGI is done. So how to handle this.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciable

Regards,

Satan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
For my business each vehicle is a cost and profit center since I wanna know the profitability of each vehicle.

In my opinion you should have gone with internal orders for that purpose.

That said I don't think you can do what you want, that's a serious problem with profit center that SAP hasn't solved yet. The workaround is to automatically determine the invoice profit center via development in the copy transfer routine, which greatly improves your billing workflow, since going back to change the profit center in the sales order after PGI is not very intuitive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks

If I went with internal order every where I gotta enter the internal order since it doesn't get automatically derived like a profit center. I would have to define substitutions everywhere !
I am trying to capture all the costs and revenue for each transport vehicle since this is transport business. It's not like my business is something else and vehicles are a part of it.
Almost all transactions will have to be posted with Internal order which is very difficult to configure.

Can you please elaborate on the work around you have mentioned since I am neither technical nor SD consultant.

Thanks in advance

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The internal orders aren't determined automatically, but the profit center isn't be derived automatically either is it?

When you define the copy control from Delivery to Billing document, or from Saler Order to billing document you must define the copy routine that fills the VBRP structure. Those routines are defined in VOFM transaction.

Either you enhance an existing one, or you create a new one. Of course you need to have a mapping.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of changing Profit center at Sales order, you can change the profit center during Billing document creation

Use copy control routines, to change the Profit center determination and re-determine it

I guess you can also use substitution rules to redetermine at billing document, but need to work with your FI on its impact and I don't have much expertise in substitution

revert if you need any further help

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

If Billing document has a different PC than SO then it will create confusions and also if SO PC is different I guess then we will have issues with CO-PA.

And if I use Substitution rules, the billing document will have a different PC and only the accounting document will have the PC which I require, this again might cause issues later for me.

Appreciate your response on the above points.

Regards,

Satan