cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Editor with the HelloWorldServlet does not open

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

I am following the Getting Started guide lines. When choosing Finish in step 6 of "Create a HelloWorld Servlet" (https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?e5a8b1d3bb571014a0f89bb4706d4e0b.html) then the Java Editor should open.

Unfortunately this does not happen at my installation.

The only displays at the footing of the Overview picture are "Writable", "Smart Insert" und "1 : 1" for some time.

This is also interfering with a message "'Periodic workspace save.' has encountered a problem.

Could not write metadata for '/RemoteSystemsTempFiles'."

Did I skip something in the guide? How please should I continue editing my first HelloWorld servlet?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is the servlet created under the HelloWorld project node? If yes, you can also double click on it to open it in the editor. Otherwise, please look for any errors in the log (workspace/.metadata/.log).

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

C:\Gm\GmSAP2014\workspace\.metadata\.log shows several entries like this one:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 568 2014-07-26 11:29:55.566

!MESSAGE Could not write metadata for '/RemoteSystemsTempFiles'.

!STACK 0

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Gm\GmSAP2014\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\RemoteSystemsTempFiles\.markers.snap (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:221)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:142)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.SafeChunkyOutputStream.<init>(SafeChunkyOutputStream.java:45)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.SafeChunkyOutputStream.<init>(SafeChunkyOutputStream.java:41)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.visitAndSnap(SaveManager.java:1712)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.visitAndSnap(SaveManager.java:1795)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1168)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.SaveManager.save(SaveManager.java:1110)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.DelayedSnapshotJob.run(DelayedSnapshotJob.java:51)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

The term "project node" is not to be found in my installation: this is how my start screen looks like:

If you ment to double click that entry under "File":

That simply results in the display of that bottom line, but no editor window opens:

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Oh, just close the Welcome page - click on Workbench in the top right corner

Answers (0)