Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Sustains/Develop AS A Consultant ?

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Working in Core ABAP, Kindly Correct me if  I am Wrong  ,

Getting into Job as a Fresher is a Tuff Task  Even After Getting,

• In Organisation   Prespective Splitting the Work ,  Make the Work to be complete at a Concerned Time, Even make them as

Expert  in the     Concerned   Topic .

• Every time Works on the Same Topic   Makes a Expert  But  Getting Another  Job with Past work Experience Not a Easy Task, Market

Demands Multipe Skill set, Even their is Many Contents Available In Internet, Market Demands Real time Experience.

• Regarding  Implementation Many Companies Demanding, Again According to Organisation Prespective Allowing to do Some Part

Then How to Gain   E2E   Implementation Experience ?

• I was Astonished On Seeing Multipe Skill Sket Like TechnoFunctional , ABAP with WebDynpro and WorkFlow, ABAP With CRM, ABAP With BI.

Can Any one  Share your your Ideas to Develop Multiple  Skillset :   Past Organisation Should Provide a  Opportunity  OR Luck ?

Regards,

Venkat.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Multiskill set can't be achieved in a year or two.  If you look at all guys who have multiskill set they have have been in SAP for more than 5 years.  They acquired because all SAP modules are tightly integrated on other modules, so when they have in project they would have acquired or learnt on their own interest.  If you want to start as a fresher then you need to first stick with one module then get the job.  You will automatically acquire two or three modules in 5 to 8 years.

So, get down to the field and first get one module knowledge & job.  If you come and see this post after 3 to 5 years whatever we written you can understand that time only about Multi skill set.

Regards

GGOPII

13 REPLIES 13

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you copy paste that from somewhere else? The formatting is terrible, and after reading it 3 times (and failing) I gave up trying to understand.

0 Kudos

It must have been tough task to type it like that in proper case. I pasted the text to notepad++ and did some search/replace. The text is now readable despite spelling errors.

Getting into job as a fresher is a tuff task even after getting, in organisation prespective splitting the work , make the work to be complete at a concerned time, even make them as expert in the concerned topic .

Every time works on the same topic makes a expert but getting another job with past work experience not a easy task, market demands multipe skill set, even their is many contents available in internet, market demands real time experience.

Regarding implementation many companies demanding, again according to organisation prespective allowing to do some part then how to gain e2e implementation experience ? i was astonished on seeing multipe skill sket like technofunctional , abap with webdynpro and workflow, abap with crm, abap with bi.

Can any one share your your ideas to develop multiple skillset : past organisation should provide a opportunity or luck ?

0 Kudos

Joao,

It is a non native English speaker.

You could focus on:

Can Any one  Share your your Ideas to Develop Multiple  Skillset :  

member working in ABAP

0 Kudos

I think we have had this discussion before and I'm not going to go through it again.

Regardless of his background, I had a very hard time reading it, and gave up. He can ignore my statement, or take it into consideration. You disagree. The end.

0 Kudos

Joao,

It might benefit him if he takes your feedback and works on it.

I gave you the gist, in case you want to help him.

0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thanks for  Replying me to correct the Content, I Never Copied the Content.

Regards,

Venkat.

0 Kudos

TW,

It is a non native English speaker.

I don't mean to argue with you, but this not an acceptable excuse. Coming from the same country as him, I know the kind of importance and emphasis given to the English language. English is taught in almost all the schools in India. Although some rural schools are not English-medium (meaning, text books and medium of instruction being in English), English is one of the subjects taught in schools. I can understand if the OP is unable to frame grammatically correct sentences all the time, but one must know when to use capital letters and when not to. Punctuation also is a must-know when framing your sentences too.

I feel it's just laziness on the part of the OP. And as long as he sticks to that kind of language, I will not be helping him either.

pk

0 Kudos

kishan,

Thanks for your post!

The people who inspire us are the ones who constantly strive to improve. (no matter what the obstacles or problems)

As SAP consultants - technical or functional - we have to communicate as clearly as possible.

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Getting  Job As a  fresher is tough task  even after getting.

In Organization   Perspective Splitting the Work,  Make the Work to be completing  at a concerned Time, Even makes  them as  Expert,  But  getting Another  Job with Past work experience not an  easy Task.

Market Demand Multiple Skill Set Professionals With Real time Experience.    

In   Implementation Market Demand  E2E   Implementation  but Organization Perspective Allowing to do Some Part in Implementation.

Can anyone share idea and suggestions to overcome.

Regards,

Venkat.

0 Kudos

venkat,

Your post is still difficult to understand.

Forget about "big" words, in a very simple and short way - convey your question and the reason for asking it.

0 Kudos

Hi TW Typewriter,

Thanks for Replying, 

Question is.

Eg: Being as Fresher.

Some Persons Allocated for Doing Webdynpro ABAP and   Some For ABAP HR and

Some For Core ABAP.

But Market Demands  to know  All 3 ABAP  with real time Exp ?.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Multiskill set can't be achieved in a year or two.  If you look at all guys who have multiskill set they have have been in SAP for more than 5 years.  They acquired because all SAP modules are tightly integrated on other modules, so when they have in project they would have acquired or learnt on their own interest.  If you want to start as a fresher then you need to first stick with one module then get the job.  You will automatically acquire two or three modules in 5 to 8 years.

So, get down to the field and first get one module knowledge & job.  If you come and see this post after 3 to 5 years whatever we written you can understand that time only about Multi skill set.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Very good post by