cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Reservations / Requisitions without Releasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the site I'm currently at, I'm working in "730 Final Release", in other versions at other sites, I was able to create reservations and requisitions without actually releasing the work order. This enabled long lead time items to be ordered and further planning to be carried out prior to releasing.

Does anyone know if there is an option to do this in the version of SAP I'm now using, or was that just one of the options that were available at previous sites version of SAP?

Cheers

Corry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darren

Yes you can do that. There is a setting which youc an find at Act.Data Tab which is Res/Purc. req.. Select that setting to immediate and then this will have an impact on all of the components.

Cheers

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I forgot adding. You can defaults these by configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's awesome Savas, thank you very much, I'll pass that on to our Planners.

Cheers

Corry

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darren,

Just be aware that, although the PR has been created, you cannot Goods Receipt the items until the PM/CS order is released.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah thanks for that Pete, part of the standard practice that I'd like to embed is that everything must be REL prior to it being able to go into a SCHD. At the moment with the site in its infancy with SAP there isn't any processes currently understood or set in concrete, hence my involvement in embeding a Work Management Process.

Main reason I've used early release of materials and PR's in the past and why I would like to do it here is that due to the remoteness of the site and long lead time of items, RFQ's and PR's/Reservations need to go out weeks, sometimes months in advance.

The actual work still will not be carried out without the Releasing and Scheduling of the Work Orders.

Thanking you for your response,

Chees

Corry

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)