cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can We Create Vehicle as a Functional Location??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Can we create a vehicle as a functional location?

can any one suggest me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

There wont'be like impact on the system. Here the System is your process. And you have designed it as per your requirements. Also you have addressed the reports. So everything is fine.

But the thing is....

You seems to be uneasy with this process. You should be able to explain this. Then light would be thrown on the issues. If I'm wrong and you are OK with present process and reports then what the worry? Personally I do not think your developments would disturb any standard reports..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether the Fleet related Tabs will come here? If no then it depends upon your requirements. You should try it in Dev server. It will be the best way of receiving answer to your question, because you know your full requirements like, Fuel consumption etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually enhancement done in functional location for vehicles.separate tab is added to maintain vehicle data.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming the tab is identical to the Fleet, you should be able to map a vehicle as F/Locn. As I told test fully in Dev server and compare with features of vehicle as Equipment. You can know your self. Test for all including MCIZ etc.

Let's wait for what experts in this area say !

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have already developed this enhancement in functional location tab for the report of cars

used in our organization.

we are developed new tabs also in notification to capture the running kilometers  and OT hours,

User will enter the starting time and ending time and enter the name of the employee who has taken this vehicle.

according to the rate of vehicle we have given in functional location additional tab total cost will come in report.

we have already created this report and it is working fine.

could you please suggest me is this the correct way of approach of creating the report for vehicle cost?

if not what is the impact on the system?

please suggest me

Thanks ,

Sunil Boya