cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code groups made for a certain Notification type should be default in the notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

To track Root cause analysis from the notifications we have created a notification type, in that code group is created for Why-why analysis and corrective and preventive action. But everytime a notification will will created we will have to select these code groups individually as Why1, Why2, CA, PA etc... for either cause, activity or task...

Is it possible that these code groups are default set in the notification type when the notification is created and if required addition or deletion of code groups can be done later..

This will help the user to know what has to be filled rather then searching for what is to be filled.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praneet,

This is quite possible without entering into Enhancement area. See this picture of IMG Customization (Overview of Notifications in SPRO)

Assume your Notification Type is SD and your Catalog Profile is CAPA. Then give the Catalog profile value while configuring the Notification type itelsf like this.

With this, the Code-groups and Code of this profile are defaulted.  Means when you click the F4 help button in the any of the Catalogs&Codes Tab of the Notification, these codes only would appear (Means your Code Groups are defaulted). Try it.

This is applicable when you fill the Codes details before filling the Reference Object (Equipment/FunLocn) in the Notification. Once you fill the RefObject the CatalogProfile of that technical Object would be defaulted, if it has one. If RefObject has no CatProfile filled in its masterdata then there is no issue. So, the Codes to be filled first in your SD Notification before you fill the RefObject details.

Try this. Hope this is the thing you are looking for. Hope this reply is in-line with your requirement.

Best of luck

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

The Solution provided by you is very helpful.

But we wanted that when the notification is created the Profile selected should be default available in the notifciation, ie no use of F4 to be done.

Is this possible?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Means there is Only one code in each Code Group ?

Please give the Code Groups and Codes.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached are the screen shots
Also can you please let me know if i want to include the below screen shot in the notifications where do i include it?

While doing RCA the engineer has to just tick what is applicable

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the attachment of the last screen-shot, you can attach here in GOS toolbar of IW22 by Create attachment.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the rest screen shots, Items screen missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir

What about the previous solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

please find

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I asked something related to it. How you are able to go to other tabs without entering the ITems tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object and Damage has been entered

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at user-exit QQMA0025 (Default values when adding a notification) via transaction SMOD.

But you may have issues entering the Code GFroup only (without Code).

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praneet,

I'll test Enhancement QQMA0025 for your case and get back to you

Jogeswara Rao K

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Praneet,

I'm afraid QQMA0025 does work for this. (Just tested). This works for only VIQMEL related fields. Catalog codes are in different tables.

Alternatively,

and also for more simplification of you Notification Creation:

You can go for a full program, which will have a selection screen where you will give all your Header details (Title, Equipment, Date etc) and upon clicking the execute button the Notification is created with all your default values. This can be possible based on SHDB recording and BDC coding inside the program. Obviously your ABAPer's job.

Jogeswara Rao K

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't just work for VIQMEL..

It works for the other tables too (items, tasks, activities, causes) - but you need to get the data structure correct.

PeteA

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The situation here is not reading the data available in the tables. Had it been that, structuring through field symbols would have made it possible to fulfil the rquirement. But this is the case of Data Entry. So he might be forced to go for the alternative method suggested.

Jogeswara Rao K

Answers (0)