SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While creating a device category i'm getting an error "enter a valid division via eg01,how can the error be overcom?

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating a device category i'm getting an error "enter a valid division via eg01,how can the error be overcome?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting below error

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

you can do in two ways.

1. Enter a valid Division which you configured in the system.

2. Remove the Division as required field. However I suggest it should have a valid division. Why can not you check with your Functional owner?

Linganna Katigiri

0 Kudos

hi

how do i configure a division ,

for egs for electricity,gas ,water i would like to assign division as 1,2,3 .

HOW can i do so

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When creating a thread, you should provide as much information as possible.  In this case you might provide the message details, or a screenshot to show the message.  You should also check the and read about how best to post a question and where to search before posting.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting below error

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please find the Link below for Division configuration..

How to Create Division in SAP | Define Division in SAP – SAP Training Tutorials

Thanks and Regards,

Linganna Katigiri.

0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

I hope the Template  Device category is one of the division mention in above post like ( Gas, Electricity and water).

After config the division as per above post.

You need to assign the Division to the division category of the IS-U and the company code for which, Device need to created.

SAP Utilities-> Basic Settings/Enterprise Structure->Allocate Company Codes to Divisions & Allocate Divisions to Division Categories.

It will resolve you query.

Regards,

AnUrAg

0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag,my query is resolved 🙂