Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after take over date no depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

would like to seek advice.

we have a new company code setting up in the mid of our fiscal year and go live on July 1st. asset take over date we put June 30th.

through out these few months until end of the year, no asset capitalise and because it is a new company code, no asset transfer from legacy system.

may i know

1 should i also need to carry out AJAB when come year end? i do not run AFAB as no asset at all.

2 may i know when come next year, when there is asset capitalisation, any problem when do AFAB?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapask,

1)You have to carry out AJAB at year end.

2)You need to do AFAB even if you add no assets because depreciation has to be run for the already uploaded assets.

Hope it is clear.

Regards,

G.Sethuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned, there is No asset capitalise and No asset transfer from legacy this fiscal year.

Meaning to say, only next fiscal year will have asset capitalise.

My take over date is 30/6 where our new company code go live on 1/7.

in this case,

i cannot perform afab for each month until year end but should i perform ajab during year end?

when come next fiscal year, when have asset capitalise, during afab, will have any error?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

AJAB is just closing of the last Fiscal Year. Now in the Date Specifications date you would have mentioned in 'Specify Transfer Date/Last Closed Fiscal Year' the last closed year for you company code. So take an example that in that date its maintained as 2011 and then now you have legacy transfer date as 30.06.2012 so Fiscal Year is 2012. Now even though the assets are going to be capitalized from 2013 fiscal year, still you need to open Fiscal Year 2013, but Fiscal Year 2013 cannot be opened directly without closing Fiscal Year 2012. So you need to perform AJAB and AJRW even though their is no capitalized asset in the system.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Meaning to say I do not need to do AFAB but until year end, I need to carry out AJAB and AJRW.

Until when there is asset capitalisation in next fiscal year, only I do AFAB.
With the above approach, will not have any error while doing AFAB in next fiscal year right?

Thanks