SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing an issue with material document reversal with price control as v -moving average price.

User had done goods receipt of material(vehicle) ,quantity 1 at value 44000 EUR in 2013 and later user did goods receipt reversal in jun 2014 but at that time moving average price in material master was 22000 EUR and it credited inventory GL with 22000 EUR.now user is facing issue with residual inventory GL balance of value 22000 EUR(debit amount).This is with reference to assignment of vehicle indentification number in FBL3N screen.

Can somebody help me to know how user can clear inventory GL balance as there is no stock of vehicle and how i can check current inventory GL balance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhishek,

This is surprising as Material in VMS should be marked for split valuation and hence it does not get affected by price change, or did you re valuated the the batch assigned to VIN from 44K to 22K ?

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

They are using batch/internal vehicle number as valuation type.

User initially did two GR for same VIN quantity 1 each at value 44000 EUR each but later user wholesaled one qty of material at 22000 EUR.I am not sure how moving average price changed from 44000 EUR to 22000 EUR.I tried to check changes from MBEWH table,MB51 tcode but did not get anything.

Now user reversed extra 1 quantity GR (102 mvt) but it took price as 22000 EUR which is material current moving average price and hence inventory GL credited with 22000 EUR.

Now user wants to clear residual GL balance 22000EUR(inventory GL debit amount).

As per my understanding,since there is no stock of VIN in SAP now so inventory GL should be balance with nil value for VIN assignment.

Please advice.

0 Kudos

HI Abhishek,

I feel the vehicle should be returned at the same amount as you are cancelling the vendor payment also, now if possible cancel the reversal document and get back the vehicle into inventory, do the price adjustment and return. Or if you do not want to post to price diff account do dummy GR for same valuation type to get the MVP correct and then reverse both...

I really cannot answer perfect solution as I do not know where 22K went ?