cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in choosing which Configuration scenario to use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My product contains 2 BOM levels. One component under the header material has 2 sub-components that needs to be procured from suppliers. All the other components are manufactured in-house. Any suggestions which scenario could be used in the configuration profile.

Br, Thileepan P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

Are you using configurable sub assemblies which will be decided based upon characteristic value?

Ifs its normal FERT material and you are not using super BOM , just by maintaining 2 BOMs for subassemblies and a production version can help you.

Production Versions - Material Master (LO-MD-MM) - SAP Library

Please check and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithesh,

Thank you replying.

No I am not using configurable sub-assemblies. Only the header material is configurable and there are 4 components to the header material. the first component has 2 sub-components that needs to be procured from the supplier but the other 3 sub components are in-house produced. all the sub- components has characteristics that needs to be assigned with values during the configuration.

Br, Thileepan P

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

If only first level material is configurable, you can assign object dependeccies at first level BOM to select components, so didnt understand below

. all the sub- components has characteristics that needs to be assigned with values during the configuration.

for single level configurable material , configuration profile may have settings like below.

please check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithesh!

This cleared my doubt to some level. Haven't worked on this in a week, will get back to you when if I face any other problems. Thank you for answering

BR, Thileepan P

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

You are welcome , please check and reply if you need any more information on same.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rithesh!

Now after reading a little bit more I understand what you have mentioned above is correct. I am gonna use the planned/production order with BOM explosion scenario.

Thanks for the help.

BR, Thileepan P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. This doubt is clear now. But I have another doubt for which I have created a question. I will tag you in that discussion, please take a look and see if you could help me there.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thileepan,

If the components are not sold separately then the best is to use production/planned.

if you can provide details on what Ritesh asked, We can advise you more.

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thank you for answering.

No the components are not sold separately. I have replied to Rithesh below. Do you need any more details?

BR, Thileepan P