Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add ABAP program: validating package - error accessing shared objects-area

0 Kudos

When adding a new program or browsing the packages in eclipse i get an "error accessing shared objects-area".

I can edit, save and run existing ABAP reports, however.

There was a similar problem here, regarding database procedure proxies but the solution doesn't apply to my problem, i guess. The solution was about creating the shared memory area CL_RIS_SHM_AREA. I can't access the memory area and start the constructor, as it doesn't show up on the monitor.

ADT 2.28

Eclipse 4.3

Netweaver 7.31 SP4 -> is this really compatible with ADT 2.28?

Thanks in advance for helpful hints,

Julian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sebastian_wolf
Active Participant

HI Julian,

if the area doesn't show up in the monitor, please try to start the constructor in transaction SHMM on your own by selecting the icon 'Start Constructor' as shown in the screenshot.

Choose CL_RIS_SHM_AREA as area, select 'Default Instance' and 'Dialog' as execution mode. Then press 'Create'. Either this works or the system will tell you the issue with the instance creation (e.g. insufficient shared objects memory - see the other solution description).

Best regards, Sebastian

2 REPLIES 2

sebastian_wolf
Active Participant

HI Julian,

if the area doesn't show up in the monitor, please try to start the constructor in transaction SHMM on your own by selecting the icon 'Start Constructor' as shown in the screenshot.

Choose CL_RIS_SHM_AREA as area, select 'Default Instance' and 'Dialog' as execution mode. Then press 'Create'. Either this works or the system will tell you the issue with the instance creation (e.g. insufficient shared objects memory - see the other solution description).

Best regards, Sebastian

0 Kudos

Thanks, worked like a charm