cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between WMS-WCU and SAP Console in SAP WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gentlemen,

1) Any idea what is the difference between these the two interfaces (WMS-WCU and SAPConsole)? it seems that the WMS-WCU can also applies in areas such as interfacing with RF (aside from interfacing with other WMS tool such conveyor belt, forklift,etc).

Regards,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WM-WCU is used to connect EWM to external systems // non-SAP,
like (half-)automated warehouse, forklift control systems, carousels etc.

And SAP Console is just an interface to use the operational functionality of WM on your RF devices (in a visually non-appealing manner).

So if you have a warehouse management system that needs to be operated automatically using complex interfaces, warehouse automation then you will use WCU...
If you need only to work on RF devices in your warehouse that's where SAP Console can help.. but not only SAP Console, you can also use WebSAP Console, ITS Mobile (best choisce) etc.

Hope this clears the topic.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have never seen that WMS-WCU are being used as an interface with RF, for most of my project we used SAPConsole / ITSMobile  for RF connection(which is integrated with SAP and no need for additional customization)

in all of my project i have used RFC connection / Partner profile to connect WMS-WCU