Regards

Vladimir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Yes, I failed to get that to work as well (I contacted Support, it is a known issue). Please see this document for setting up the Solution Manager connection: http://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/support/support-programs-services/Solution%20Manager/Busi...

You can also read SAP note 1265635, I like the previously mentioned PDF because it has screen captures.

As a further read, once all is set up, I recommend what Martin Lauer wrote up in a nice blog entry on the subject Solution Manager:

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you.

This documentation valid form Solman 7.01 , not 7.1.

I need to activate workflow  that requests new jobs from solution manager and defines them in RedWood.

Regards

Vladimir

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Please create an OSS note. Martin Lauer might know of a PDF With more current information.

Also, let us know the outcome, so we can help others in the future !!!!

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

May be you know how can I delete the user from RedWood?

There is no such option in menu.

Regards

Vladimir

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

You cannot, but you can disable login for the user. Note that deleting users is complex, as the user might have jobs or other objects in his name or is mentioned in audit records.

Ok, you are lucky this time ... I just noticed that you asked a question that is completely independent to this thread ... We like to keep this nice and tidy, so next time, please create a new thread.

As for the Solution Manager connection, how far did you get ?

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Thank you a lot for your assistance.

I have found the OSS note 1729766 - CPS - Solution Manager integration setup

There are some issues that are unclear.

For example , I have Solman with SID=SMN and ECC system with SID=ECC

I have a full ( not free of charge) version fo Redwood.

Do i need to use the isolation group GLOBAL or not?

How can I create the new Isolation group?

I need one for Solman and one for ECC?

Thank you

Regards

Vladimir

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Great stuff you found there, thanks!!!!

So, isolation groups are only used in the free of charge version. In the full version, you "technically" have "one" isolation group, which means you are not isolated and can forget about that. So, you can have both in GLOBAL.

You can create as many as your license allows, in any number of partitions. I recommend to keep them in the GLOBAL partition.

Regards,

HP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Regarding Isolation groups.

I have started to work with RW with free of charge license and activated the full version recently.

I have some Isolation Groups an Partitions. When I logon to GLOBAL IG, I cannot see job queues that were defined in specific Isolation Group where this queue was defined. Is it possible to manage all landscape from GLOBAL  IG?

Regards

Vladimir

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

No, you will have to run System_Isolation_Deisolation job definition to move all objects into the GLOBAL isolation group. This cannot be undone,  however, the whole point of the full license is to no longer have your systems isolated.

Regards,

HP

Answers (0)