cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i configure Root Cause Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have solman 7.1 with ECC dev, qas, prd in my land scape and i want to configure Root Cause Analysis.

Somewhere it was written that java stack system is required for RCA but i have only ABAP stack systems

in my Landscape.

So can i configure RCA in solman for only ABAP Stack systems?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i configure RCA in solman for only ABAP Stack systems?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, your managed system can be ABAP and JAVA, both.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Root Cause Analysis - SAP Library

Caution

Root Cause Analysis requires an SAP Solution Manager 7.0 with an SAP double-stack system (Web AS ABAP and Web AS Java in one SAP system). We recommend that you run SAP Solution Manager on Unicode (see customer letter at http://service.sap.com/Unicode). You must perform all new SAP Solution Manager installations on Unicode. We recommend that customers who have upgraded from previous releases to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and are not yet on Unicode, to migrate Web AS ABAP to Unicode. If this is not possible, we will support Root Cause Analysis with an ABAP stack on non-Unicode as of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 SP13, until the customer has completed the Unicode conversion.

-------------------------------------------

Please read the first two lines and let me know if i can configure RCA in solman for only ABAP Stack systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have only ABAP so is it ok to configure RCA for only ABAP Stack systems?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are comprehending it incorrectly. It 1st two lines says that your solution manager, which should be a dual stack, here both stacks are required. This is not saying that your managed systems should be JAVA for RCZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Divyanshu,

can we say that

managed system can be ABAP OR JAVA.

and please could you tell me the source from where you are saying this?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, manages system can be ANY.

Refer: https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000741452011E/

Read -"END-TO-END TOOLS IN ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS "

Now, for sources, please refer help.sap.com, OSS notes, SCN wiki and your solution manager RCA guide.

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mr Divyanshu.

Answers (0)