Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core Modules or Success factor!!!!!!

former_member297864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

Need your guidance......

Which has future?? Core (OM, PA, PT PY) or Success factor ???

Also tell me about If I take up Travel management.... how good it is and where will I fit in future!!!!!!!

Need your inputs.....

Thanks,

Prathibha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SuccessFactors is the future and trends show this clearly. I would try to get trained in SuccessFactors as this is a growing area and on-premise is in decline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

So, if prospects are informed about both SAP HCM & SuccessFactors, so the most probably the chances are they go for successfactors......but still it cost more as SF resources are rare to find and those are available are very expensive, also we need to see in which part of the world we are implementing as in Europe, America and UAE we can say successfactors but in Asia its not a common practice to go for successfactors, as I know companies that are choosing SAP HCM in 2015 because of cost & also they don't want to go for cloud solution, as internet bandwidth and security issues.....and SF is a rare commodity.......as because of the reasons mentioned above...........

As water in the desert if not commonly available then it will sell at the price of a gold........

Yes, as we go through SAP successfactor demand the graph will be higher and as from career aspect it is more attractive because future will be of SF, but still clients are going for SAP HCM and obviously after investing in SAP HCM, its not easy to replace all of a sudden with new technology maybe it will take 3-4 yrs in this part of the world, so demand for SAP HCM consultant is still in and SF training is very expensive as compared to SAP HCM and separate trainings/certifications are required to be master of various modules

Kind regards,

Farzana Mushtaq

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farzana,

These are valid concerns, but I don't see the same trends as you do. Cloud adoption is doing well in APAC, but the fact that consultants are expensive means they are valuable and you can have a good career. Also, once SuccessFactors growth increases if you only have the same experience as everyone else then you will probably earn less then than you will now doing SAP HCM.

Good luck with whatever path you choose!

All the best,

Luke

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Farzana

This comes down to personal investment and return on said investment. Look at your education like this instead of purely cost.

You have already implied that it's 3-5 years away before it becomes a big topic your market. If it continues the way the rest of the markets are heading, then SuccessFactors may become in greater demand than core HR.

You then say the main barrier is available quality resources. That is easily fixed  - especially with a global workforce. I'm Australian based and if we can't get a resource, we fly them in from Asia-Pacific (some Australians head in the other direction as well). But more to the point: you say there is a skills gap that is not being filled fast enough.

If your time frames are correct, wouldn't it be a smart investment to in your education in a product that has a high chance of potential growth over a more popular course for SAP HCM?

By training in SuccessFactors there is greater chance you will be qualified and ready for when you market is ready to embrace this product. You will then be in demand. Demand gives you more choice and control in your career.

You might not be able to afford it now, but you could spend the next 12 months saving towards such an investment (assuming you believe it will be a good return for you). In the mean time, yes SAP HCM investment may have a good short-term return but in the long term this may not be the case. I'm not a HCM person so am not going to say one product over the other is the future.

Internet bandwidth - can't comment on. Security issues is a lot of fear on management side. Cloud and off-premise solutions have flipped a lot of IT security positions on their head. The challenge with security is managing the risk and convincing management the world has changed. Over time this will happen as well.

Regards

Colleen

MeenaR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luke

Which modules do you recommend, in Success Factors, to go for certification, for anybody that is new to SAP? which has greater scope in the job market?

what do you think are the career prospect for Success Factors  in India/ Singapore / UK in year 2015 and further?

are companies hiring Junior Success Factors consultant, if certified and having the business knowledge [leaving aside the past experiences]? what would be your suggestion for those candidates?

Thanks

Meena R

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meena,

Personally I would recommend Employee Central as it is growing rapidly globally, particularly in US and Europe. Some companies are hiring juniors, but it depends from company to company.

All the best,

Luke

MeenaR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank You for your suggestion , Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Luke,

It must be rapidly growing as you mentioned in US and Europe, but in Pakistan Performance Management, Learning and Recruitment are in much demand. As in Pakistan payroll will be used from on premise SAP HCM.

Kind regards,

Farzana Mushtaq

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Some of ours friends are sap HCM certified and having handsome experience in sap Indian payroll,

now they wants to certification in SF Employee Central.

Please explain/guide us, process of SF certified consultant specially in Employee Central in India.

Thanx

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prathibha,

Both SAP HCM and Success Factors will co-exist in the near future for sure. Some of the SAP HCM customers are exploring Success Factors for talent solutions only.

Learning SAP is a continuous exercise and you can refer the below link for books on SAP HCM.

If you are getting an opportunity to work in Travel Management, do go ahead with it. Google material on it. You will find something to help you.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

As far as my Knowledge is Concerned,Core Modules will remain forever.

It is the base (R/3) on which SAP has designed OM,PA,TM,Payroll.

In order to Run Success Factors,we should work on Core Modules to get Output,..there would a change in the design and outlook in Success Factors......But Core would definitely remain same.

Thanks

Rajesh

former_member297864
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajesh..

One more question.. Given an opportunity what if i have to work on Travel management for time being.. shall i take it up!!! or should wait for Core!!!

Regards,

Prathibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

If You are given an opportunity....Take it right away!!!