cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello,i'm rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

when creating a new phrase it doesn't accepting long text/phrase

i.e . in phrase creation cg12 if i want to create a phrase text  "USE APPROPRIATE TOOLS TO PUT THE SPILLED SOLID IN A CONVENIENT WASTE DISPOSAL CONTAINER"   the system accepting only up to "USE APPROPRIATE TOOLS TO PUT THE SPILLED SOLID IN A CONVENIENT WASTE" can anybody suggest me how to do this

Thanks&regards

Rahul Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

Use Long Text Editor for adding Long text for your phrase. Folllow below steps for adding long text

1) Go to Phrase Creation window and add the details of Phrase like Phrase group and Phrase text and save the phrase. click on the " Item" button as shown below screen shot

2) Double click on the Phrase text " Use Appropriate tools to Put the spilled"

3) Click on go to button in the menu bar and select the " Configure Edit" button  and make check mark to "Graphical PC Editor"

Once you make above setting you will directed to this MS word screen . Here add your completed Text and Click on Enter and Click on back button.

Now again go to phrase hit list and open your created phrase and check for description.

Hope this help you in creation of Log text phrase

Balajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there any limit for long text means that characters? i had entered characters of 100 it is saved in phrase text , but in when i assigned to a character it is not showing completely,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

There is quite a lot Characters which you can insert in Phrase. you need to select the line of Phrase in Specification and click on Long text Icon - hope this helps.

Gopi Dadheech

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i had created  long text for a phrase it is not displaying in field

but i had assigned phrase group and the library  is in active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

You should be missing Phrase set assignment to Phrase. Phrase set can be assigned via T code CG12 - see the screen shot below. Secondly check your characteristics which is Phrase enabled and has FM assigned in  characteristics-

in your case this should be ZPSNADH SET

to check characteristics is Phrase enabled - see the screen shot below -

Hope this help.

Gopi Dadheech

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Mr.Balajee and Mr.gopi for supporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

I am glad you have got the solution. Please try to change the subject to appropriate question title so other user can get benefit.

Thank You,

Gopi Dadheech 

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul

please check e.g:

Normally if the text is less equaö 132 characters: if it is longer than that: it must be a "long text". E.g. a "carriage retunr" in the text can "force" to use the other editor (so that the whole text is handled as longtext)

PAY attention in using WWI ! IN most cases there ar two symbols. One is used to get the first 132 characters and the other is used to get all characters (relevant for out out of identifier and user defined text; for phrases you need not to take care)

C.B.

Answers (0)