cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIBAN Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

For some of the vendors, business not able to make the payment due to bank country is differenct with IBAN details in vendor master data(eg: bank country-AU but IBAN starting with GB).  This IBAN is fetching from FIBAN transaction code.

Now we have below options to fix this issue but I am not sure the implications of the these options.

1st Option:  Manual change in vendor master with correct IBAN number which is matching with correct bank country

2nd Option: In FIBAN, change error message into warning message" The bank country and ISO code of the IBAN are not identical"

3rd Option: Deletion of these wrong entries from FIBAN completely

Please suggest best option in detail.

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi,

You go for first option to correct the vendor master data. FIBAN transaction will automatically get in sync.

Thanks,

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

IBAN is used by exclusively European banks but there are few SELECTED NON-EUROPEAN COUNTRIES

Australia

Westpac Bank               6-digit BSB Code + Account number                    Account Number

Non-Westpac Bank*       6-digit BSB Code + 9-digit Account number          Account Number

*Australia: If the Account Number is less than 9-digits, enter zeros prior to the Account Number to total 9-digits

Check with bank for correct IBAN.

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It seems your understanding is wrong.

Our issue is totally different as its not a matter of less than 9 digits.  As I stated, bank country is different of IBAN number in the vandor master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Yes I got the point, Normally the bank country and IBAN country will be the same and just mention the IBAN format for Australia (bank key + Account number).

There can be instances where the IBAN generate incorrect after updation of bank key and account number then we need to correct the IBAN manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now business agreed for deletion of wrong IBAN entries in FIBAN but when I am trying to do so its triggering same error as "The bank country and ISO code of the IBAN are not identical" not allowing me to delete it.  Could you please let me know how to delete these entries completely from the system.  For your kind note- I cannot change the error message into warning message and do it.

Please share your views at earliest as this is an urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jyothi,

Can you just update the vendor master with the correct IBAN.

Vivek

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

You have to update the master data with the correct IBAN else it will through an error. For more details on IBAN please check the below link which is helpful.

International Bank Account Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S