cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABNAN- Asset Posting Captitalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am try using ABNAN for changing the asset value.

The asset was capitalized on 2013.09.08.

After runing ABNAN, i enter Orig. Value date with 2014.06.08.

It pops up the error message AA566. 

I want to know if the Orig. Value date must be in previous year?  Meanwhile Tcode ABNA can run with no errors.

What is the difference between ABNAN & ABNA? Very appreciated for your help!!!

Cheers,

Jill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MarkusBredel
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

please check your business process. The post capitalization is to be used once you had an expense posting in the past, which should have been capitalized on a fixed asset. The value date to be entered has to be in the past so that the system can determine the portion of expense which has to "remain" and the incorrect consumed expense which will be caught-up by a revenue posting.

In case the original posting has been done in the current (open) fiscal year, the system offers the possibility to reverse the original process and re-process it correctly to capitalize it as fixed asset.

In case your original value date is in the current year you can use transaction ABZON to post multiple acquisitions in one transaction.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks very much for your info. It is very helpful!

Cheers

Jill

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jill,

Can you check in additional details parameters proposed by default for ABNA or ABNAn.

Also you can check with ABAPer to guide you why / when exception is being raised.

Pankaj B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me if you execute ABNA and not getting errors then you should postwith that T-Code. As new T-Codes are created by SAP ending with N. Like AR29 is Asset Revaluation T-Code where as AR29N is new T-Code. But still you can use the old T-Code. Kindly check the same in the testing client.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

Thanks very much for your info.

yes i tried tcode ABNA ending with no error. The key point we would like use ABNAN is the function of Multiple assets. Is it system bug with new tcode ABNAN?

Cheers,

Jill