cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity should always be multiple of 100 when creating PO manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material master, I have maintained below fields on MRP1 screen

Lot size  = FX,

Fixed lot size = 100,

When I create a PO manually, system is allowing user to create a PO for quantity 10.

My requirement is that, when creating a PO, if the qty is inputted as 10 and ENTER is pressed, the quantity should automatically change to 100.

Is there any configuration by which the Lot Size in material master can come into picture even for manual PO?

Or is there any other way to suffice my requirement?

Regards,

Yogesh Walke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sudeep_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the "Rounding value" field in MRP1 View of material master? If you maintain say 100 here, whenever a user creates a PO, the Quantity will be rounded off to next multiple of 100. For example, if user enters 65, system will change this to 100.

However, if user goes and overwrites this Quantity again, system will take the manually entered Quantity.

Regards,

Sudeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

Actually I was trying with rounding profile (static) and hence it was not effecting manual PO creation.

Maintaining Rounding value and  EX lot sizing was the correct approach.

Thanks and Regards,

Yogesh Walke

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

You say your PO must be in multiples of 100.  Is there a reason for using the fixed lot size?  You should be able to get the results you describe by selecting the EX lot size and setting the rounding value to 100.

Standard SAP will apply the rounding value when you enter the PO quantity.  I'm pretty confident of this because all the BAPI for PO creation includes a NO_ROUNDING parameter to supress this function.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You can achieve this by any one of the below setting

1. Setting up rounding profile for the material in the Info record

2. Setting up the min order qty in the Info record, so that it will pop-up a message while creating PO. It can be further customized as error or warning message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your question, you can get your prob solution through running MRP by setting FX lot size 100.

For manual PO,there is not standard setting in SAP to convert qty 10 to 100  or multiple of 100.For requirement you have to do Z Development by using BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek.

But even if I do MRP run using Fixed lot size qty, I wont get qty as multiple of 100.

So, is there a way that I will get PO qty as:

For   1-100 -> 100

For 101-200 -> 200 and so on.

Former Member

Hi

in case of Fixed lot MRP will create multiple PReqs of 100 each

if you need one PReq with total qty multiple of 100 use Lot-for-lot with Rounding value 100

Thanks

Peter