cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for Excel Logics for Dashboards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Till now I have been practicing Dashboards and have succeeded in understanding the behavior of the "Components". But really facing many problems while try to undestand the excel logics used to design the dashboards.

I would be thankful if anyone can please suggest me some good tips how to develop the Excel Tips like mostly used the vlookups, match and index etc in the excels for dashboards. Plz suggest me how to develop excel logics for dashboards , I am really very confused when see a developer who has already developed some logic in the excel sheet.

Thanks and Regards

Ranendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mastering the Excel functions for dashboards are not too complicated, just understand the the navigation what customer require and the bring the related excel functions to do that. Practice & understand the most commonly used functions like vlookup,index,if-else and etc.,

Lot excel website are available to understand these functions to the core, so no need to worry about that.

But understanding the excel functions used in the dashboard will require patience and the spreadsheet should be designed in the way, so that any developer who cooks on it should be able to understand easily by reading the comment near by to make life easier. Otherwise it will be tough to understand the dashboard when its designed by involving complex logic's.

Hope this helps!!!

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

if not much would thankful if  could please let me know a good excel website.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suman

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please be aware of the supported excel functions in dashboard, take a look at the below link.

http://www.pieterverstraeten.com/blog/supported-sap-bo-dashboard-design-ms-excel-functions-xcelsius-...

List of Microsoft Excel functions supported in Xcelsius 2008 – MyXcelsius.Com

Kindly close the thread if got clarified.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Kindly close the thread if got clarified.

--SumanT

Answers (0)