cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of FM in NM expansion mode in GLM template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how to use a Custom function module in the Method option of the NM expansion mode in GLM template?

I get errors as to the changing parameter missing for any FM assignment in this mode.

What am I missing here?

Regards,

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your response!

What I am trying to do is use a Function module- either standard or custom for the NM expansion mode for symbol.

For instance,  I want to use the standard FM C14N_MASK_CHECK for standard symbol of batch:

2 points that I need to know:

1. How to pass the required parameters for the FM ( I had assumed that the RS itself would be considered as the input parameter to the FM, since thats the input to be processed)

2. How to handle the 2nd error, that occurs for any FMs that i try to use.

What is it that I have missed?

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstoph,

So if I understand correctly, the processing method expansion can only be used for report symbols which have this expansion mode defined in configuration?

That means, for any given standard symbol, this expansion mode cannot be used unless the symbol has it defined in configuration.

Thanks!

Regards,

Neha

dhinsap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Neha,

There is no issue if you use custom FM but make sure, you trigger the appropriate values in the application. Please elaborate on the requirement and what you wanted to achieve.

Regards

Dhinesh

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Neha

please explain better what you have done etc. There is no difference bet GLm or MSD/SDS template in preparing report symbols.

C.B.