cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CC availability indicator

0 Kudos

Hi All,

for one of our customers we need to deliver official SAP CC availability indicator. Previously I read somewhere that it's five nines (99,999%) but I can't find any official confirmation of this. Can someone help me?

BR, Piotr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Piotr,

some years ago i asked the same question, and get the following answer from one of SAP employee:

SAP BCM is a software solution and has no fault tolerance on its own ! You have calculate the high availability always for the whole solutions which include server and other hardware. So I can’t answer this. Some customer has systems with a availability of 99,999%. The high availability of a system is calculated by (service times) – (planned service slots ) divided by ( unplanned downtimes of the services). This deppens a lot on the system design, if you have a dedicated backup for each service and server, the downtime can be from a few second to a minute, but if you have only one server and you have to restore the last backup and some other task, this might be 5 hours. So you see, there is no real answer for the BCM software or you can say 100%, because the software is always running.

BR,

Anton.

0 Kudos

thanx Anton

Answers (0)