cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting erroneous Bdocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day experts,

I would like to know what best practice is around deletion of failed (erroneous) bdocs, for which the cause of the problem has been fixed?

I have read a few of the posts on SCN about Bdocs and Middleware, but seem to find quite a few old posts. The more relevant ones though, seem to give mixed opinions. Some community members mentioning that you can, others that you can't as it will cause inconsistencies etc.

I will provide examples and my understanding and would then appreciate your responses in my context.

We are replicating data from ECC 6 to CRM 7. The data we are replicating is materials, customers and contacts (PRODUCT_MAT, BUPA_MAIN, BUPA_REL)

I have bdocs in error for materials where the hierarchy did not exist - This was fixed, hierarchy was downloaded

I have bdocs in error for customers where gender did not match form of address (Male does not match Ms.) - This was fixed on the customer master

I have bdocs in error for customer where transport zone did not match country - This was fixed on the customer master

I have tried to reprocess the bdocs but they stay in error, even though the issue was resolved

Can I delete these bdocs or not?

I think I can because they all relate to data that either already exists in CRM or can be replicated again because it is a material or a customer.

Can anyone else share their opinion on this?

Regards,

Kendal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rohit_sharma2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kendal,

Considering your scenario, it'd be safe to mark these Bdocs as Deleted in tx. SMW01.

Once their status changes to 'Set To Processed'(GREEN) they'll be archived by the SMO6_REORG2 job(if it is running in your system)

BR,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks so far

You both speak of marking as deleted. How does one mark a bdoc as deleted? I can only see the bin to delete the bdoc and in the menu also only an option to delete (BDoc Message > Process > Delete / Delete saving ID's) .

Regards,

Kendal

former_member182350
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can mark by using SMW01 transaction.

1. Open SMW01 then Select (several/Multi select) business document messages

2. Choose the 'BDoc -> Process -> Mark as deleted' function,

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clearing that up Arjun,

I was under the impression this is deleting, not mark for deletion. Thanks for clearing that up.

What is the difference then between deleting and marking for deletion? Both give the same pop-up warning that it could lead to inconsistencies and both set the bdoc to "Set to processed (fully processed)".

I tried this in our test system, first deleting via the menu at the top and then by using the bin as per the screen shot

Both times the outcome was the same.

Regards,

Kendal

former_member182350
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kendal Evans,

As far as User is considered, there is not much difference between all 3 options ("BDoc Message > Process > Delete"  or "BDoc Message > Process > Delete Saving ID" or Direct "Delete" button /icon in SMW01). It Just set bdoc status as "Green" - Set to processed (fully processed).

The difference of all 3 options will be as -

Option1  BDoc Message > Process > Delete:  This action will delete bdoc  and set status of bdoc in smw3_bdoc table as F03 - Set to processed (fully processed) which appears in SMW01 list.

Option2  BDoc Message > Process > Delete saving ID : This action will delete bdoc  and set status of bdoc in smw3_bdoc table as F03 - Set to processed (fully processed) which appears in SMW01 list . Also Bdoc Id information is stored in smw3db_rc3 table with details business object key which can be access by SMW3RC tcode.  You can recover b'doc pl try once, worth trying.

Option3  Mark To Be Deleted (direct click delete button): Back end functionality is same as option1.Nothing difference as compared to option1.

I hope this clear your doubt.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arjun,

Thank you so much, that helps a lot.

Safe to say all 3 of you gentlemen have helped me in this regard.

I think marking as deleted is the best option and I will try out your suggestion in option 2.

I will also look into using SMO6_REORG2 as mentioned by Rohit.

Much appreciated,

Kendal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

javedsarkar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kendal,

According to SAP standard training materials,

A BDoc message may be processed in one of the following ways:

1. Mark as deleted (Note: Deleting BDoc messages can cause data inconsistencies).

2. Retry processing.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Javed.