cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order reference 261 and 261 movements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have a situation, as per our client requirement we are building a customized Z-report which is production order information report as per the clients business process:

In a production order consumption of HALB material will be done with no. of batches so at this point of time when ever confirmation is done then there will be a document will be generated to 261 movement type.

At the same time user got to know that the posted batches are wrong so again he cancelled it with movement type 262 will be appeared.

In our report, business logic was given as, the cancelled batches should not be appeared in report so we go through with the logic order number---> reference to movement types with 261 & 262  and with same batches.

My doubt is while 261 movement type one document number is generating and if they are going to cancel 262 movement type it is generating different document number.

As I observed if they are cancelling it through MIGO it is generating some other document number and for some cases it is generating reference documents but not for some.

I would like to know the reason for this and configuration as well.

Any one can give me the complete analysis on this please asap.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is based on my understanding of your issue.

There is difference in cancelling material document and reversing material document.

If say, 101 is posted and inspection lot is created and for some reason this is cancelled( by 102).

In case we again cancel 102 , then system will post 101 but inspection lot will not be generated because it's not standard posting and there will be delink in 101 & 102.

So to make your report robust, include logic to capture both cancelled and reverse document.

And also educate users to follow a standard sequence of steps .

former_member206498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

If you are cancelling/reversing a material document via MIGO or MBST, the reversal material document record will store the cancelled/reversed material document in SMBLN field in MSEG table. Please check whether in all your conditions the number are always stored or not.

Regards,

Julian