cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports viewer SearchForText method problem

stephen_saunders
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello I'm using Crystal reports viewer 13.0.2.0 in VS2010. I have a MDI document interface. What I want to do is from an mdi child form cause the viewer, that is displayed in another mdi child form, to move it's search highlight and change page  ie. behave as though a user had entered text into the search dialog of the viewer. The text to search for is supplied in the first mdi form. I've tried calling the SearchForText method from the first mdi form - nothing happens. I need a little help on this please.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

First you should upgrade to SP 10, latest version and has a few API enhancements.

I don't think this will work because you would need a Viewer event to be able to hook into the Search button. Looking through the viewer event list, click the lightning bolt after clicking on the CR Viewer object, I don't see any Event triggers to capture that button click so I don't think you are going to be able to hook into it.

Add your request to Idea Place. If enough people vote for it we may add it in some future SP.

Don

Answers (0)