cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.4 PI to SAP NW 7.4 PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have PI System SAP NW 7.4 PI system is there path for upgrade to SAP NW 7.4 PO?.

Please help in right direction.

Regards,

Kiran M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StéphaneD
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

This is a good question! I would distinguish two aspects:

• From a technical perspective, a NetWeaver PO system is a NetWeaver 7.4 system with usage types PI (incl. PI-AF, PI-AEX and ESR) and BPM (incl. CE-APPS and BRM) installed. In you case, with a NetWeaver 7.4 system with PI usage type installed, it is very simple to switch to PO: you just need to add the BPM usage type.

This can be done very easily with Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer, as documented in the Maintenance Transaction with Installation of an Enhancement Package SAP Help page (which includes installation of usage types).

As Dimitri mentioned, in the case you have a dual-stack NetWeaver system, you will need to migrate your system to a Java only stack first.

• From a licensing perspective, NetWeaver PO is considered as a bundled product and requires a specific license. It can be converted from the license you already acquired for PI.

I recommend you the SCN blog article Upgrade Options to the Latest Process Integration or Process Orchestration which explains this very well!

Regards, Stephane

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I guess you want to move from a dual stack to a single stack. In that case, you can use the migration tool.

Kind regards,

Dimitri