cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a validation on fb08

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii experts, i got a requirement from client... they want some logic like... In fb08... the particular user can only reverse his own documents... he cannot reverse others document... can that be possible through Validation?? if yes give some logic or if not ,,, How can  that be possible.. please guide

Thanks

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Abhay

Write a validation exit for complete document. Check the user of creator and reversal and apply the logic.

regards

Pankaj P

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Abhay,

You can't do it by validation rule because it only will affect the reversal document. Not the original invoice. You have to create a user exit to fetch user name from the nvoice at the moment of reversal process.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii marssel... can u tell me how will the user exit work?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look into the document to find a suitable exit

Then consult with your ABAP team for your logic. They will write the code according to your logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey dev.. thanks for the reply.. i need to talk with abaper for the same.

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I doubt if validation is triggered during reversal!

You can try BTE 1025. Create your function module, write logic to check t-code(FB08 or F.80), original document creator name and sy-uname. If both are different, through error.

Assign this FM to BTE 1025 and activate.

Thanks,

V V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod, thanks for the reply.. can u tell me the steps for doing that.. like wht logic i should write in FIBF... it would be a great help...

Regards

Abhay

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In FIBF, you have to assign your custom function module name to BTE. Ask your ABAP team  to put logic to check current user name and user name of original document creator and through error if both users are different.

Thanks,

V V