cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Universe Desing Tool COM SDK with Powershell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to use Universe Design Tool COM SDK in Powershell (instead of Excel and VBA). I was trying to import Designer.dll in Powershell but getting error:

PS C:\Windows\system32> [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Designer.dll")

Exception calling "LoadFrom" with "1" argument(s): "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Designer.dll' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest."

At line:1 char:1

+ [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP  ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : BadImageFormatException

Any idea is it possible and how to use Designer.dll from Powershell?

Many thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try referencing Designer.exe instead of Designer.dll.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying that already, unfortunately the same issue:

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86> [Reflection.Assembly]::Lo

adFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\designer.exe")

Exception calling "LoadFrom" with "1" argument(s): "Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP

BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\designer.exe' or one of its dependencies. The module w

as expected to contain an assembly manifest."

At line:1 char:1

+ [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP  ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : BadImageFormatException

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being a COm SDK, Universe designer sdk is no tested with Powershell, so not sure if it should work.

Could youtry adding the reference to a VBA editor like excel on the same machine as Powershell?

Does it work?

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean if I can using Designer Libraries in Excel? Yes, when I go to Excel > Visual Basic editor, then when I'm checking References there is already reference to Business Object Designer 14.0 Object Library, I need just to check it for make it available in script.

How does it work Excel knows already there is such library and is able to use it but Powershell doesn't? If I understand idea of those COM things it should work in any compatible environment because should be managed and delivered to Excel, Powershell, ... by OS? (sorry, I'm rather linux guy, just using windows in work )

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cool.. So Excel recognizes it because its a COM reference and so as any other VBA tool such as VB IDE itself.

I would suggest you to put this query in Powershell forums and see if they have a clue about why a COM reference is not getting accepted.

-Bhushan

Answers (0)