cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS double dependent requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

I created a project with several activities. I created WBS BOM with two materials tIhat need to be procured in advance.

I assigned FG to a network activity and the two raw materials to another ativity.

Now, if I run MRP, I have double dependent requirements about raw materials, more exactly one derived from FG and another one derivad from assignment to activity, In which way I can avoid this double requirements? I have to assign materials to activity because I need to use as requirement date, the activity date

Thanks

Regards

Raffaele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

why you putting ROH material separately in network activity although you have already added FG material in network activity?

FG having BOM it self so far, then after MRP executing system will create PR for ROH and plan order for SFG/FG material.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I need to link ROH to activity because I need to have requirement date for materials identical to finish date of activity

COuld you help me?

Thanks

Regards

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

then you can add ROH to internal activity but you have to face issue double PR creation then manually you have to delete unwanted PRs

Regards,

Sanjeev

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please assign FG 

do not assign any raw materials again to the activity

run the MRP

note that when MRP is executed,in the background ,as you have maintained the settings for materials,(consult with your MM consultant and PP consultant.),PR shall be created for the materials for which there is no project stock.and it shall also consider the lead time as maintained in the materials.

hope this shall help you

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele,

Can you please assign FG material quantity with -ve value and check your MRP run whether it still generates double requirement. Please check and let me know.

Thanks.

Saurabh

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raffaele

As per my knowledge u don't want to create PR for that Raw material which u assign to activity for Requirement Date, if yes then why u not change Procurement Indicator from PR+ Reservation to Reservation Only  . This will not creates PR & u get the field for Requirement date also in Genral Data Tab of material

Thanks ,

Virendra