Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with librfc32.dll after upgrading to SAP GUI patch 9

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a program which we compiled to use librfc32.dll and it works well on Windows workstations running the patch 8 version of SAP GUI.

However, if we upgrade to the patch 9 of SAP GUI, the exe doesn't work anymore.

If we upgrade to patch 9 and copy the patch 8 version of librfc32.dll into our program directory, then the exe works again.

So, it looks like patch 9 version of this library is broken.

Is this due to a bug in patch 9, or ?

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We found the issue.

It appears that something changed in the RFC library included with patch 9, and now an entry in the services file is needed for sapgw<nn>s (<nn> = SAP system number). For example, sapgw00s 4800/tcp would be used if system number is 00.

We are using an RFC Server and connecting to it using SNC, so this services entry needs to be defined. We are confused as to why/how our code was working with patch 8 or older versions of the RFC library without the services entry.

Thanks

Tim

7 REPLIES 7

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I think you probably meant to ask this in the space.  Also, it's probably a good idea to ping on this one, given that from your description it does sound like patch 9 may have introduced a bug.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos

How do I get this thread moved to SAP GUI space ?

Thanks,

TIm

0 Kudos

I think a moderator from one of the two spaces has to do it.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

Patch 10 should be out shortly  Recommend you try this.- See note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1053737

Jude

0 Kudos

Jude,

Thanks. I will test patch 10. Is there a specific reason why you think patch 10 will solve this issue ? e.g. Is it a known issue with patch 9 ?

Regards,

Tim

0 Kudos

I noticed patch 10 was made available today. I upgraded and the problem still exists.

Can you help us troubleshoot this ?

Thanks

Tim

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We found the issue.

It appears that something changed in the RFC library included with patch 9, and now an entry in the services file is needed for sapgw<nn>s (<nn> = SAP system number). For example, sapgw00s 4800/tcp would be used if system number is 00.

We are using an RFC Server and connecting to it using SNC, so this services entry needs to be defined. We are confused as to why/how our code was working with patch 8 or older versions of the RFC library without the services entry.

Thanks

Tim