cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

entering data not in LC and running conversion in default logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have two datasources, one called INPUT where we enter data in LC and another called EQ where we enter data in group currency, so we enter directly in EUR.

INPUT is defined as IS_CONVERTED = Y and EQ is defined as IS_CONVERTED = G.

In our default logik we run the currency conversion as standard.

This all works fine when we enter data on INPUT, but when we enter data on EQ we get an error message.

Error in logic:

SPRunConversion 10.0.8.0

*ERROR* FX-300 TIMEID = 20141200 - Nothing Extract from Fact - CLCFXTRANS

I kind of understand the message. As I am entering on EQ and therefore already in EUR, there are no values to be converted. Can anyone think of a solution that will still run the fx conversion via the default logic but not produce this error when we enter data in EQ?

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

normally every input should be made in LC, why you enter the data in group currency?

However if you have to start from group currency the only solution to avoid this error is to put at the end of sprunconversion the ON_ERROR_CONTINUE clause.

But remember he will stop to notify every type of error so you have to be very careful and have this clear in mind when some issue occurs with the currency conversion.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

for the consolidation I need certain data in group currency (EUR) for which there is no LC equivalent.

I don't like ON_ERROR_CONTINUE for exactly the reason you have given so I won't use it.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

you can use *XDIM_FILTER before launching the sprun to eliminate other currencies <> LC but again you have a little risk if you send some data in different currency, you were not able to stop this.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I think I will simply use a *REC to always write a value of 1 in LC to a dummy account, that way the conversion will always have a value to convert.

Thanks,

Arnold

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

don't know how many records you have with group currency and how many time they reinsert the data but pay attention to put it in a special account, datasrc or flow "outside" of the consolidation to avoid to have added 100 or 1000 euro otherwise you must remind to clear this values.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I actually always have an account with the ID "DUMMY" which sits outside all hierarchies.

Thanks,

Arnold

Answers (0)