cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant characteristic value maintenance automatically from class 001 to class 300

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Seniors,

I have one request regarding the variant maintenance of characteristics.

I have one variant of a material, with two classes assigned to it. One is class 001 and other is class 300.

The classes have 3 common characteristics. The request is, after we maintain the characteristics value of class 001 to have them maintained automatically to class 300 also. This is because they have alot of materials and this data maintenance help will be usefull.

Please let me know if you made this configuration so fare, or if you have any hints.

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex C,

Do you have DIMP activated in your ERP box ?

Copying characteristics is a functionality of the Add-On IS-MillProducts, In Mill , you can find the setting in transaction OMJJ.

Check the note 495507, it descrirbes some standard behavior.

Also below link.

Copying Rules for Characteristic Values - SAP Mill Products - SAP Library

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Thanks for the solution.

Turns out that I did not understood the requirement corectly.

We have variant configuration, so there is one configuratble material that variant.

The configurable material has class 300 and 001.

The request was to have one characteristic with values on class 300 and if if we use the same characteristic for class 001 to have the values there. And that is hapening because the values are assigned to characteristic. so everywhere we use the characteristic, it will carry the values with it.

For any other requests I will consider the note and information provided by you.

Many thanks, wishing you all the best !

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.

Its good news that you got the issue solved.

Please close the thread as answered.

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are welcome.

For your information , Below is the option in transaction CT04 to set up default value at characterstic level such that characterstic will carry this value where ever its being used.

Please colse the thread as answered, if your issue is resolved.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (0)