cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain Code description in Chinese language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is it possible to maintain Code description in QS41, with Chinese language, by logging in English language. I have tried to maintain the same by logging into Chinese language, but again when i log back in English language, Code description does not appear, i can see only the codes being created, with blank description. Please suggest..

Regards,

Joydeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joydeep,

You need to install Chinese IME font (microsoft support) in your OS (windows). See this picture in your Control Panel --> Region and Language section.

I installed 2 such regional languages.

After installing this, whenever you want to switch the keyboard to the other language, you need to do Alt + Shift . Then your key board language will be changed, like this

While this icon on the right bottom of the desktop, you will be able to punch in this language.

Now back to SAP

While you are in the QS41 screen, switch to the regional language and type your codes. I am giving the example, done for you just now.

Note

The Regional fonts achieved this way is PC specific. Means to view these fonts the individual PC needs the IME font installed. In case it is not installed, special characters will appear in their place.

See these Google links for installing Microsoft Chinese IME fonts

Best of Luck

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot sir, this was really helpful.

Regards,

Joydeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I am facing an issue while entering a different language text while logging in with English language. I have followed the steps, as you suggested, but still not able to enter the text in a different language.

Please have a look at the screen shot, system takes all letters entered in different language as "?????"

As you can see i have taken the screen shot along with a Notepad screen, to show that my keyboard language is Hindi.

Regards,

Joydeep..

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only microsoft IME fonts download and install in your PC would make this work . This might not work with regional fonts come with Windows OS. We very widely use this for Hindi as explained above. You need to check this with Hindi IME font download and install to see yourself, how it works.

Answers (0)