cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build custom HTML page and integrate in ME POD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

since nobody answered to my original post, I gave it a new headline hoping to raise your interest and get feedback...:-) even if the expert assesment on this issue will destroy my concept...

i am looking for an easy way to bring up a custom html page within the SAP ME POD.

I found two activities which could do the work, however both fulfill only half of my requirement.

The MII_TRANS_PLUGIN activity will actually pass the POD context (site, operation, resource, sfc) to the MII transaction. But the result is a string which is hard linked to the output message field at the top of the POD. An assignment of the transaction output to one of the html frames will lead to an error.

The MII_REPORT activity on the other hand will solve the rendering part by using the HTML viewer, however I can't pass any context to this MII transaction.

So ideally the combination of both would be great. Passing the POD context to the MII transaction and sending the output back in html format which can be assigned to one of the POD frames.

I know most of the guides recommend building custom actions with NWDI and writing custom WPMF plugins. But isn't there a nifty way around the NWDI development just by using standard plugins and activities???

looking forward to your feedback,

Georg

Message was edited by: Georg Peters

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Georg, I don't think nifty solution exists. I have spent some time on this few months back.

If you want to send context information to a front end component, It has to be custom WPMF Plugin using ME extension framework.

One work around i can think of is , push your context information to a table using MII_TRANS_PLUGIN .  Then consume that information from that table with MII_Report activity . Not sure you can achieve this in single POD button click with giving these two activities in sequence. It is worth a try though from my opinion...

Thanks

Hari

swapnil_bodhke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

Even I am looking for such a combined solution.

If you find some workaround to achive this please post in this disscusion.

Thanks for the post.

Swapnil