Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Login Module between SAP Portal 7.31 and ECC

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where user when opens the portal logon page then here user needs to provide the user id and password to authenticate. Once the authentication is done then user enters into portal.

Now my issue rather requirement is-

1) Once the user enters the credentials then this authentication needs to be done from the ABAP data store. Our portal is connected to LDAP but we need to authenticate the user with the ECC database not with the LDAP database. Ho can this be acheived?

To acheive this functionalti do we need to create any custom login module( If yes then what needs to be created?) or is there any other approach.

Any link or material will be helpfull on this.

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RaghavRathor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

For authenticate the user with ECC data source you can go with "User Mapping" you can map the particular user to the ECC backend  System in your portal.

Please let me know if you have tried this technique or not.........

Thanks

Raghav Rathor

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi anand ,

Hope you are doing good.

I do not understand the practicality of this issue. If the portal is having the LDAP as UME, and you wish to have the r/3 server for authentication; then what is the point of having an LDAP in the first place.

Well if this has to be done, I can think of 2 steps:

1) Amend the datasource file somehow with the help of the xml developer and LDAP admin to incorporate this change.

2) Now sure whether this will work: connect the abap server to the ldap (use the /nLDAP TCode). Now connect the abap to the j2ee as the UME.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant

The authentication takes place in 2 steps.

1) First authentication takes place through siteminder. Here the user will enter the credentials and siteminder will authenticate through LDAP and thus there is a SSO between siteminder and portal and once user authenticates, then user will directly enetr into portal home page.

2) Now for some user the autehtication in First step will take pace but for them the SSO will not work and thus the portal logon page will come. Here we need to authenticate these users with the ECC datasource.

I hope now the requiement is clear. Please let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Do you mean having LDAP in place you want to bypass it and authentic it via ECC datasource?

Regards,

Ganesh

anandprakash_rai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Actually this authentication is required for some group of user.

The authentication takes place in 2 steps.

1) First authentication takes place through siteminder. Here the user will enter the credentials and siteminder will authenticate through LDAP and thus there is a SSO between siteminder and portal and once user authenticates, then user will directly enetr into portal home page.

2) Now for some user the autehtication in First step will take pace but for them the SSO will not work and thus the portal logon page will come. Here we need to authenticate these users with the ECC datasource.

I hope now the requiement is clear. Please let me know if any more details required.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Now i get the requirement - you want one set of users to authenticate through LDAP and another set through backend ABAP datasource.

I am afraid that portal can be configured to point to dual datasource at same time. May be other experts can confirm on this.

Thanks,

Ganesh