Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PBC 10 user users/teams/roles and access data profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

couples of questions with regards to BPC 10 security

1) In PBC 10, version SAP NetWeaver , if a team or a user was created in BPC not in BW, can the created user/team has access to SAP BW? Can the created team/user be imported and assigned assigned rights in BW?  Or , if I need a user who will have acces to both SAP BW and BPC , do I HAVE to create the user in SAP NetWeaver (BW) and assign rights?? or

2)

If the defined attributes are Currency=Euro: Read and Country=France: Write, then Entity102 is writable.

Assuming that a write access to Currency = Euro : Write produce the same output as in the above, How can ensure that I can give a write access on a dimension without having allowing the write access to the whole entity as in the above case?

Thanks

Jh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

For your 1st question, to add a BPC user, you need to create BW user first on BW. Then add this BW user as BPC user. When you create a BW user, you need to assign two roles

/POA/BUI_FLEX_CLIENT, /POA/BUI_UM_USER.

Actually, once you created the BW user, you can use this BW user to log on to BW now, but this user has few rights, such as no rights to execute some t-code RSA1, etc. To make this BW user more powerful, you need to assign the corresponding rights directly on BW, not from BPC. The rights(Data Access profile or task profiles) added from BPC only works on BPC object, such as members, cube, etc.

Best Regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Charlie,

If I understand, users created in BPC only works in PBC, this is the case for the task and data profiles. But users created in BW can be imported or added into BPC. 

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, John. Your understanding is correct.

Answers (0)