Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Cloud Platform trail version with multiple users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a student at a university.

We plan to use the SAP HANA Cloud Platform in a project.

It is possible that multiple users could work together on one SAP HANA Cloud Platform trail version?

Or is this feature only available if, I upgrade my account to a customer or partner account?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alexander_silgidjian
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

Option 1: Every one of you registers a trial account. In this case you share the sources in source control system of your choice (e.g. GitHub). Then you make changes locally and deploy and test on your trail account.

Option 2: You share the user and the trial account. I think this will be inconvinient, because you have only 1 running application limit. You will either override others changes or will have to wait until they finished their work with the running application.

Going to customer/partner account should be considered, when you have developed your application and want to run it productively.

HTH,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply and the description to handle my problem.

But this way of working seems a little awkward to me, because later in the project multiple applications should run simultaneously.

Is there any kind of university alliances which enables us, to work with multiple users on one HANA platform?

Greetings Jonas

alexander_silgidjian
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

What do you mean by multiple applications? You may have deployed them all on one VM. See the -s option of the deploy command: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

I am not aware of an option where you have multiple VMs on a free account. If the trial is not sufficient for you, the other options are described here:

Kind Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main goal is to create a social media analytics concept. Our project team wants to perform various analyzes in social networks. We would like to use SAP HANA cloud platform to implement different analyzes and be able to evaluate the results.

We would like to simultaneously work with multiple users on an analysis module.

I will discuss the idea of managing the soucre code via a source control system in my project team.

If any other solutions must be found, I will contact you again.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards Jonas

Answers (0)