cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account XXXXXX requires an assignment to a CO object - Message No.message no. KI235

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I m trying to run depreciation for an asset with cost objects active, i have also given cost center in asset master in time dependent tab in AS01, I have made depreciation GL account as cost element in KA01.

Now when I m trying to run depreciation I m getting the error as Account 450201 requires an assignment to a CO object -

Message No.message no. KI235

Please let me know what all the areas I have to consider for making depreciation to post in cost objects

Seeking for your help.

Thanks & Regards

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Kindly Check T.code ACSET is maintained properly for KOSTL account assignment object if not maintained earlier.

Reg

Karthikeyan G

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did find two solutions for this error.

1. Make sure that, the Profit Center field of the Accumulated Depreciation GL Account is made "optional" in  Field Status Group (Tcode: OBC4).

2. I have maintained the Account Assignment Objects (Tcode: ACSET) in for the Cost Center (KOSTL) for all Transaction Types (i.e. *) for the Account Assignment Type APC Value Posting and Depreciation Run. Also make sure that the Account Assignment Check Box is ticked.

3. There is no need to maintain the Default Cost Center for Depreciation Cost Element in Tcode: KA02 or OKB9.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran Talanki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..check the cost center & cost element validity period and if required urgently then you can assign cost center in cost element and you can proceed..it will work

in KA02...give default cost center.

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Also refer note 16653.

Rajneesh

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran

Check the validity, specially period, of cost center.

Rajneesh