cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0 NW - InfoAreas missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hej Gurus,

One of our users tried to make a copy of an environment and calling the copy "BPC". This copy failed after some time. After this failed copy, we keep getting the same error message everytime we try to copy an environment:

"Crete environment EnvironmentShell failure"

However, we are not trying to create an environment called Environment called EnvironmentShell but rather using the EnvironmentShell as the source of the copy. The same happens, if we try to copy from other sources, it fails giving the source environments name.

I have therefore been into RSA1 in BW to find the problem, and I am pretty sure, I have found it.

The normal structure in InfoProviders in RSA1 is

Business Planning and Consolidation - /CPMB/BPC

- Environment 1 - /CPMB/Env1

- Cubes in Environment 1

- InfoObjects in Environment 1

- Multiproviders in Environment 1

- Environment 2 - /CPMB/Env2

- Cubes in Environment 2

- InfoObjects in Environment 2

- Multiproviders in Environment 2

etc.

However, this structure no longer exist in our BW. The CPMB/BPC top note, and all InfoAreas have been deleted, and therefore all Cubes, InfoObjects and MultiProviders is in the "Unassigned Notes".

Is there anyway to recreate the structure in BW, so we are able to create new stuff?

Best Regards,

Mikkel Kristensen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

10.0 or 10.1?
How about RSDAREA table entry for infoarea?

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikkel,

You may try to drag and drop (just using your mouse) back to the /CPMB/BPC. Can you provide a screenshot? what does it look like in the unassigned node? Are all the cubes and infoobjects as a whole are in the /CPMB/Env2 in the unassigned nodes?

Also, you can check table UJA_APPL from SE16 and see if you can find the entries for the corresponding environment.

Best Regards,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I might not have been completly clear, the /CPMB/BPC and /CPMB/Env1 etc. is gone, and all cubes, InfoObjects and Multiproviders that was previously in each Environment is now in Unassiged notes.

It seems like BW has tried to create a new /CPMB/BPC, which already existed in the system, and this has somehow destroyed the standard setup.

My question is, can I someway manually or automatic recreate the structure so I am able to create new environments, models etc.

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

If all the cubes and infoobjects are still there, you may have to create /CPMB/BPC  and /CPMB/Env1 and manually drag and drop cubes and infoobjects back to /CPMB/Env1. Of course, to make these cucbe and infoobjects recognized by BPC, you need to make sure the related information are still saved in BPC table. Such as what I suggested before, check table UJA_APPL.

You may also try to run program UJA_DATA_CHECKER. If no error, it means all the information saved in the BPC table is good and consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to create /CPMB/BPC, it seems like the name already exists, but it is not an InfoArea.

I ran a activate_content, which created the /CPMB/BPC and afterwards I was able to create the /CPMB/Env1, and then all the objects automatically came back to the right InfoArea.

I have now started a new copy, and it seems like it is working as intended.

Mikkel

former_member266029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello I have the same problem.

The infoarea is missing and all the environments are in unassigned nodes.

Did you solve your problem?

Thanks in advance.

Luciana

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you execute UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT and first activate environmentshell.  This might create the namespace in RSA1 again.  If that works then you can try clearing the other environments, again by using UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT.  If you have a recent backup you can use UJBR and restore the environment.

Regards,

Leila