cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Creation Failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've just started to use Explorer and I can't overcome this indexing error. After creating the Information Space I try to index it and this error comes up after some seconds:

I tried to restart the .ExplorerIndexingServer but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am seeing different errors on here, I am adding the error my customer is receiving while indexing:

Index Creation Failed (The execution of the specified analysis query failed.-class

incompatible with interface)

Platform: BI 4.1 SP04

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for delay, I was on holiday.

The detailed error:

I found this note 1765149 which says to create the 64 bit ODBC DSN (not only 32bit) but I can't since I have office 2010 in the 32bit version (and I don't want to unistall office).

Regards,

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Our issue is not same as your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I applied note 2012387 - Error: "Index Creation Canceled" when Indexing Information Spaces in BI 4.x:

1. Logon to CMC and go to Servers > Service Categories > Explorer Services OR Logon to Manage          Servers in CCM.

2. Stop all the Explorer servers.

3. Go to <BI_Install_directory>\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\.

4. Delete OR Rename Polestar folder (this is explorer cache).

5. Start Explorer servers and new Polestar cache will get created.

But it didn't work out.

Michele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

As shown in the above snapshot, select "Configure" under the Action tab and check whether you are getting any detailed error message there.

Regards,

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also seeing the same issue, but for only infospaces based on UNX universes. But it works for Hana based infospaces.

Unx based infopsaces works in our lower environment. I tried to create new indexing server, it is same issue.

SAP support suggested to add conection server dir path in to environment variables. But in lower environment it works fine without enviromenet variable.

-Djava.awt.headless=true -Dosgi.configuration.area=configuration.xxx_SIA.ExplorerExplorationServer -server -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dosgi.clean=true -Xmx8g -jar plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.101.R34x_v20081125.jar -loggingPath "C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/logging/" -connectivity_dir %CONNECTIONSERVER_DIR% -serverkind explorerIndexing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error:

Server, xxx.ExplorerIndexingServer2, generated the following messages:
Index Creation Failed (
The execution of the specified analysis query failed.-[] <com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

)>
DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

)
DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Do you have any luck?