Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare life monitoring

kvarjunan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am new to PM module, we use Diamond die for drawing Al wires. We GI the material to Shopfloor by 201 movement and after that there is no tracking of the die.

Now the management want to track the spare life of the die and at the same time they dont want to have the stock in SAP as they are currently doing. How to monitor the Spare life without stock is this possible , pls guide me. I dont want to do it in enhancement (abap).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arjunan,

• Create a structure with locations where all one particular die can be installed in its life cycle.
  • In this structure , have a location for Out-of-service dies.
  • Create each die as an Equipment as soon as you make 201 mvt type.
  • Maintain the Mfr's Serial number in the Technical Id field of the Equipment.
  • Install this under one of the locations of the structure, as the case may be.
  • From now on you will be dismantling and installing under different locations whenever the die moves, until it reaches the Out-of-service location finally.

At any point of time you will be able to get from IE02 tcode the report of Usage Period, giving you the details of the journey so far.

This is from my side. Wish better ideas flow for your issue.

Best of luck

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to track the productivity of Al wires in terms of length, diamond die, create measuring counter. Enter the the Wire length produce on daily basis in measuring doc.

As life goes of reset the counter reading.

Regards

Santosh

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh Pandurang Yadav,

In all the threads you have answered so far today, your messages were to the author of the thread, but you have replied in response to someone else. Please click on Reply link of the author's post and then type your message.

Best of Luck

KJogeswaraRao

kvarjunan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Can you pls tell me the Tcode for point no.5 which u have mentioned.

"Install this under one of the locations of the structure, as the case may be"

I have completed all 4 steps as said by you.

thanks in advance...

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The report is reached through IE02

Even you should be able to get this through IH08 by inputting the equipment number and  Valid From To dates, but the IE02 report is good.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also serialise the material so that you can use the Serial Number functionality in SAP.

This will enable you to track the individual diamond dies.

Measurement points as described above will enhance the tracking of data.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to Jogeswararao's, I would like to include some more information,

If die usage is required basing on usage(no of times)then create measuring point for that created equipment and document it on usage,then you can track usage period and as well as no of usage times too.

Regards,

Nikhil