cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWIFT Format ( MT940 ) to XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to convert SWIFT format  to XML using B2B Add on  . Can any one help me if there is any Std Module available in B2B Add-on for this conversion .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Mithali,

I know this might seem a bit strange, but the way I've solved this previously is to utilize the standard functionality in SAP ECC. This is due to the fact that MT940 is a quite complex format as also mentioned by Stephan Hilpp.

In our solution I get the MT940 from the bank and split up the file into individual files based on the accounts and dates in the file. The files are then transferred to a file system, which SAP ECC has access to, and by means of a custom report, we are uploading the relevant files to SAP using TCode FF_5.

Our rationale for this solution was to not re-invent the wheel for something that is already supported and maintained by SAP.

For inspiration please refer to Electronic Bank Statement-MT940 Format

Best regards,

Jacob

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member473911
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Can you share the solution for split up the MT940 file from bank into individual files based on the accounts and dates in the file.

Sumathi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know there is no standard for MT940 conversion.

We once implemented the SAP EBICS Adapter with SAP Consulting.

http://scn.sap.com/community/soa/blog/2012/03/23/pi-adapter-for-ebics

The guys told us that there is no converter for MT940, thats why we did the conversion with java mapping.

Best regards

Christian

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please open an OSS call with SAP to ask for advice. Perhaps there is something standard you could do.

After you received feedback, please do share it in this thread.

Thank you

Dimitri

0 Kudos

Hello mithali rathi,

As far as I know there is no standard available. Even the B2B AdOn does not provid a solution for this. Best way is to try with Java Mapping or to write a adapter modul by yourself.

Best regards

Christian

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SWIFT format is rather complex and not as standardized as for example ANSI X12 or EDIFACT.

The Seeburger BIC-Adapter is able to recognize and handle SWIFT messages in the same way as it handles EDIFACT or ANSI X12, however it also requires some manual steps to define how the different messages need to be handled and are recognized.

Since SAP has some own SWIFT-Functionality (outside the B2B AddOn) I am not sure if they will also include it intio the B2B AddOn.

To use JavaMapping or wite a module yourself...doesn´t sound a little risky to me, as these are usually very sensible data that is exchanged via SWIFT...

KInd Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to create Standard Mapping for this Conversion. Is there any other alternative for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri/Ruchir,

Can you provide any help to me on this.