cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Column (Down and Across) Limit number of rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating and invoice (for about a 300 customer run) using a multiple column crystal report with totals at the bottom. We use a down and across approach as it is used also as a packing slip and faster to check. The problem is, the down and across doesn't allow you to limit the number of rows down. This is a real issue because it wastes a lot of paper to print the totals by themselves on a 2nd sheet of paper when it could easily fit on one if I could equalize the number of rows & columns on the page. I'm surprised there isn't a proficient way to deal with it.  For example, instead of 2 columns of 60+ items, I could bump it to 5 columns of 12 items, leaving lots of room at the bottom for totals. Have a look at the attached to see what I mean.

Here is page 1

Here is page 2

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make sure I had done everything properly I created a new report in the CR 2013 with the exact same result. Can anyone help?? I have actually been looking for an answer to this question for about 4 months now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay so my math is bad - I meant 5 columns of 24 items... I'm sure you get the picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if details rows you can limit Design View Right click on the Details section and select Section Expert Check the box that says “New Page After” - Click the formula editor button to the right of the checkbox. Enter the following formula if Remainder (RecordNumber, 24) = 0 then true else false Click Save and Close and then click OK. If you run the report it should break after each 24 rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this using CR 2013 or can it be done in earlier versions of Crystal Reports? I will update to the newer version but I just don't want to buy it if it will not provide the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just downloaded the 2013 and was able to insert the formula, unfortunately it did the exact same thing, still only showing 24 records on the page in one column (instead of multi-colum)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you had this entered? 'New page after: X Visible Records' and this is for details not group headers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try that which had no effect. Using your formula, only displays 24 records on each page in one column. Yes, I am working in the details section. Here is a screen shot.